Friday, June 27, 2008

"They (S-J & Rafi) played a very crucial part in making my place which was very tough with all the competition from the giants around me"



Q-Don't you think your image as a path-breaking dancer-actor was helped by great music Shankar-Jaikishan and sons sung by Mohammed Rafi who knew exactly suited your new image?


Shammi Kapoor- "Of course, they did. They played a very crucial part in making my place which was very tough with all the competition from the giants around me. They created music that went with my image, songs that are immortal, not classic songs but songs that celebrated life. I will always be grateful to them. God bless their good souls". (Photo:Courtesy:mohdrafi.com)

Full text of an interview with Shammi Kapoor at http://in.movies.yahoo.com/interview-detail/146/13718/The-Spirit-Is-Always-So-Young.html

No comments: